The Government of Nepal has recently amended the visa fees provision enshrined in sub-rule (2) of rule (29) of the Immigration Regulation, 1994. As per the new provision, the visa fees chargeable for the citizens of those countries which charge visa fees higher or lower than the fees shall be based on reciprocity and that the children below the age of ten years will be charged for the issuance of a visa for the entry into or presence in Nepal, for the extension of visa or for the regularization of the visa of a foreigner.
As per the instruction from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Nepal, we would like to inform you that No Gratis Visa will be issued for the US citizen of any age.
Kindly acknowledge the receipt. Thank you for your cooperation.
Embassy of Nepal
2730 34th Place NW
Washington State Redmond Office Bring Following Information:
Parking: 2 hrs street parking in city limit. Do Not Park Samila Boutique Or, Essence of Dentistry parking Space (You will be Towed and Monitor by Camera)
Visa location: 16300 Redmond Way Suite 201 Redmond WA, 98052
Requirements for Visa:
Important, Visa Fees: Cashier Check from Any bank, if Cash $5 extra and No money orders from Western Union or U.S. Postal office please!
15 Days – $40 USD
30 Days – $60 USD
90 Days – $135 USD
Gratis Visa (Visa for Free)
You most bring following document before come to the office:
1. Six months or, more valued passport
2. One passport size photo
3. complete the PDF forms, print and bring with you hard copy. http://nepalconsulatewa.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/TOURIST-VISA-APPLICATION.1pdf
4. Visa fees: Cashier Check, if Cash $5 extra and No money orders from Western Union or Post office please!
5. Make Appointment online before you come in:http://nepalconsulatewa.com/index.php/appointment-request/
Tribhuvan International Airport is the only international airport of Nepal. Immigration Office, TIA (Tribhuvan International Airport) under Department of Immigration has been facilitating tourists flying to Nepal by providing Visa on Arrival. ‘On Arrival’ visa procedure is very quick and simple. You can expect some queues during peak Tourist season. If you wish to skip those queues, you can also consider getting Visa from Nepalese Diplomatic Missions stationed abroad prior to your arrival. Choice is yours.
If you have obtained visa from Nepalese Diplomatic Missions, then you must enter Nepal within six months from the visa issued date. Your total stay is counted starting from the day you enter into Nepal.
ON Arrival Visas are ‘Tourist Visas’. They bear multiple Re entry facility. Tourist Visa ‘On Arrival’ is the only entry visa to Nepal. If you are visiting Nepal for the purposes other than Tourism (sightseeing, tour, travel, mountaineering, trekking, visiting friends and families), you should still get ‘ Tourist Visa’ to get into the country. However, you must change the category of visa as per your purpose and length of stay in Nepal from Department of Immigration by producing required documents.
Nationals of designated countries are requested to acquire Visa prior their arrival from their nearby Diplomatic missions (Embassies/consulates) of Nepal Government. Check the link to make sure your eligibility for visa ‘On Arrival’.
Once you arrive at the airport, please follow these simple procedures for Tourist Visa on Arrival.
- 1st Step
- Fill in ‘ Arrival Card ‘
- Fill in Online ‘Tourist Visa ‘form ( you can fill it up prior to your arrival visiting our official website Department of Immigration / fill it up using Kiosk machines upon your arrival at the airport). If you fill it from the website, you will get submission Receipt with barcode, please print it out and bring it along for acquiring visa. It works for fifteen days and becomes invalid then after. If so, you will have to fill it up again.
- 2nd Step
- Make payment at the bank according to your visa requirement ( 15/30/90 Days)
- Get the receipt
While you can use different modes of payments (at visa fees collection counter), we advise you to carry some cash to be on the safe side.
On Arrival Visa Fee
15 Days – $30 USD
30 Days – $50 USD
90 Days – $125 USD
- 3rd Step
- Proceed to the Immigration Desk with your online form, payment receipts and your passport
- Hand in your documents to immigration officer for visa processing. He/she issues visa to you upon his/her satisfaction.
Gratis Visa (All Ages Same Not Free Any Longer Since July 15th, 2019)
Gratis Visa is issued free of cost in case of following categories of Visa applicants:
- The Government of Nepal has recently amended the visa fees provision enshrined in sub-rule (2) of rule (29) of the Immigration Regulation, 1994. As per the new provision, the visa fees chargeable for the citizens of those countries which charge visa fees higher or lower than the fees shall be based on reciprocity and that the children below the age of ten years will be charged for the issuance of a visa for the entry into or presence in Nepal, for the extension of visa or for the regularization of the visa of a foreigner.As per the instruction from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Nepal, we would like to inform you that No Gratis Visa will be issued for the US citizen of any age.
- Up to 30 days for SAARC Citizen (except Afghanistan) visiting Nepal for the first time in a given visa Year. Afghan citizen are eligible for Gratis Visa on Arrival only upon the recommendation of Department of Immigration. If you are an Afghan citizen, you can request concerned institution inviting you to Nepal for necessary paperwork with Department of Immigration to get you Gratis Visa ‘On Arrival’.
- Non Residential Nepalese(NRN) card holder ( issued by MoFA /Nepalese diplomatic missions abroad)
- Chinese Nationals
Officials from China, Brazil, Russia and Thailand do not need Entry Visa based on reciprocal visa waiver Agreement
Visas of all kinds including ‘Gratis’ issued at the Airport are Tourist Visas. Contact Department of Immigration for extending your visa or changing the category of your visa. Tourist Visa extension can be done from Immigration Office, Pokhara too. Non tourist visa extension can be done only at Department of Immigration (if eligible) for a period of maximum one year (except business visa).